FOR A FAST AND EFFICIENT REGULATORY REFORM
WHAT IS e-GuillotineTM
Is a web-based software that enables quick and efficient implementation of regulatory guillotine projects, specially customized for any regulatory environment. e-Guillotine use governments, agencies, and ministries who wish to implement the guillotine in a systematic and standardized way.
- Continuous stakeholder interaction and bi-directional communication, e-consultation, feedback from businesses and citizens
- Regulatory Guillotine implementation from Inventory and Review of legal documents(legal acts, licenses and administrative procedures) to the simplification recommendation
- Public e-Registry of inventoried legal acts or/and administrative procedures
- A platform for e-government tools (RIA, RMS)
e-Guillotine has been developed, tested and proven successful for years in complex and demanding regulatory environments on three continents: Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, Iraq, Vietnam, Egypt, Croatia and Thailand.
WHO CAN USE IT?
Government Reform Teams
Reform teams (e.g. Guillotine Unit) use e-Guillotine to fully control the reform, efficiently manage teams and resources and speed up work. e-Guillotine enables the Unit to centrally manage the entire process in one place, delegate tasks and monitor performances in real-time, conduct faster inventory/review processes, efficiently communicate.
Ministries use e-GuillotineTM to centrally manage all the legal documents and procedures under their jurisdiction, delegate tasks and monitor team performances in real-time, provide the input to the Guillotine Unit, use it as one-point-of-contact to receive the feedback from businesses and citizens.
Businesses and citizens
Businesses and citizens use the e-Guillotine on-line portal to find in place all the regulatory information affecting them – legal documents, licences and procedures. They can search and find the text of legal documents, review and comment, give their opinions and recommendations on how to improve them.
SPEED UP THE REFORM AND SAVE RESOURCES
MANAGE EFFICIENTLY: ALL IN ONE PLACE
- Centrally manage all the legal documents and procedures under your jurisdiction in one place, categorized and searchable
- Faster Regulatory Guillotine (RG) project implementation: up to 25% faster Inventory than the traditional approach
- RG approach: more regulations inventoried in a shorter time – up to 20% faster Review* processing (e.g. electronic self-assessment)
- Have the full overview of the legal documents/procedures tree (vertically, horizontally)
- Contextualize, categorize and make searchable legal docs/procedures by function, ministry, Doing Business area, sector/sub-sector, and other customized areas
- Track every legal document/procedure and review process activities against the work schedule so that delays can be immediately identified and corrected
- Delegate tasks to ministerial departments and monitor their performance in real-time
- Generate statistics and performance reports in real-time
- Ensure appropriate transparency and user rights levels for each legal document/procedure
- Provide the necessary input to the reform teams and institutions.
ENGAGE BUSINESSES AND CITIZENS IN THE REFORM
COMMUNICATE SEAMLESSLY: GET THE NECESSARY FEEDBACK
- Use e-Guillotine as one-point-of contact to receive the feedback from businesses and citizens on the legal documents under their jurisdiction
- Have businesses and citizens use e-GuillotineTM to find, review and suggest improvements to legal acts, procedures that affect them
- Use visualization tools to map out administrative procedures
- Create the citizen participatory culture of using online consultation tools to influence the legislation affecting them
- Efficiently communicate with multiple agencies/stakeholders inside the system
- Use the integrated performance appraisal tools
THE COMPLETE TOOLBOX FOR A SUCCESSFUL REGULATORY REFORM PROJECT
USE BUILT-IN TOOLS TO EFFICIENTLY PLAN AND IMPLEMENT THE REFORM
- Make use of integrated tools such as self-assessment checklist, businesses’ checklists, comments and background docs for all or selected reviewers and stakeholders
- Calculate regulatory cost (baseline) and assess the impact of each legal act/procedure
- e-Guillotine lays a foundation for the regulatory management system and create positive legal security
- Use the integrated performance appraisal tools Map out the entire legal structure using the embedded visualization tools
E-GUILLOTINE FUNCTIONS AND FEATURES
- Multi-lingual Graphical Interface with English, and other official languages (e.g. Arabic, Cyrilic, Lation etc..)
- Multilingual content and file capability
- Web-access through an Internet browser (no client installation needed)
- Multiple internet browser compatibilities
- Dossier create/edit/delete/lock and attach document to (e.g. XLS, DOC)
- Copy-and-paste capability
- Export to format (e.g. XLS, PDF)
- Customized print options (print layout)
- Publishing of selected dossiers (attachments)
- Bookmarking of dossiers
- The full-text search function (dossiers and readable attachments e.g. PDF)
- Search multiple filters (by attribute)
- Visualization tools for mapping administrative procedures
- Standard Cost Model calculator
- Smartphone fully adapted
- Log-in with social media accounts
- Customized statistical reporting
- Advanced add-on report builder (e.g. jasper Report)
- User/group access rights – secured login
- Versioning (tracking back changes by the user for recovery) and check-in/out
- Email notification (on dossier change) Forum/internal discussion group
BECOME A TOP-REFORMER COUNTRY ACCORDING TO THE DOING BUSINESS REPORT
PRECISELY CALCULATE AND PLAN THE COST OF BUREAUCRACY TO BUSINESS
- Use the built-in Standard Cost Model Calculator to measure time and money business spend complying with administrative obligations
- Calculate the administrative burden down to the last administrative activity, know where to cut and how much
- Use SCM Calculator to model, asses and plan costs and impact of new regulations
- Reduce the administrative burden strategically against Doing Business indicators to become a top-reformer country.
The project is co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund.
The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Apsolon d.o.o.